Many people tattooing out of their homes adding to the risk of getting diseases. With the advent of many communicable diseases, some fatal, it has become necessary to institute certain isolation and sterilization procedures in the tattoo process to assure the public of a safe, risk-free tattoo. , it’s not about getting a tattoo because it is cheap, life is not cheap.
The following advice has been prepared by professional tattooist working with local, state and national health authorities.
- Safe Tattoo Tip: Always insist that you see the person remove a new needle and tube from a sealed envelope immediately prior to your tattoo!
- Safe Tattoo Tip: Be certain you see the person pour a new ink supply into a new disposable container.
- Safe Tattoo Tip: Make sure they put on a new pair of disposable gloves before setting up tubes, needles and ink supplies. Run from the place if they are not wearing gloves.
- Safe Tattoo Tip: Satisfy yourself that the shop furnishings and tattooist are clean and orderly in appearance; much like a medical facility, certainly stay away from the kitchen table tops! Are you sure they will be there next month if you have questions.
- Safe Tattoo Tip: If they are not using disposable tubes and needles then ask to see their sterilizer and ask if it is tested on a regular basis.
- Safe Tattoo Tip: Question the person about his sterile procedures and isolation techniques. Take time to observe them at work and do not hesitate to inquire about their experience and qualification in the tattoo field.
- Safe Tattoo Tip: If the tattooist is a qualified professional, they will have no problem complying with standards above and beyond these simply guidelines.
For more information about safe tattooing visit Alliance of Professional Tattooist.